Dave Rolsky wrote:
>So I tried installing the above tarball and it breaks a DateTime test
>- t/34set-tz.t

Bah.  We had a test break of exactly that nature back at DateTime 0.72,
in t/36invalid-local.t, based on the same change of error message.
The resolution was to change the test in DT 0.73 to accept both forms of
the error message.  I think we should change t/34set-tz.t in the same way.

>                                             I think it'd be good to
>keep this backwards compatible.

Error messages get improved and sensitive tests get broken.  It's part of
the normal traffic of CPAN.  (I'm smoking a few percent of CPAN at work,
and distropreffing to keep it all working, so I get to see quite a bit
of this sort of thing.)  It's not to be done frivolously, but nor should
over-sensitive tests hold back genuine improvements in error handling.

DateTime failing its tests is a blocker for DT:TZ 2.  I think it's the
only blocker atm.

-zefram