Hi Loc,
  I am able to boot the kernel with the ramdisk based on the
information provided in the document. But if possible I would like to
add another section to allow the user to first load the ramdisk into
RAM boot the kernel with it and once everything is working fine then
flash the ramdisk. I followed these steps to do it:

1. Load the ramdisk into RAM @ location 0x85000000 using the command,
     tftpboot 0x85000000 ramdisk.gz
2. Provide this information in the bootargs by adding,
   root=/dev/ram rw initrd=0x85000000,0x$(filesize)
3. Now kernel will boot from the ramdisk loaded at RAM location
0x85000000 and if everything is fine then the ramdisk can be flashed.
But my final setup is to load ramdisk using tftp and also the kernel
using tftp. Right now I am facing some issues with that. I am working
on it and hopefully will be able to get it working soon.

One question, Do I need to enable any feature in the kernel to get the
root mounted on /dev/ramx? I think with both kernel and ramdisk loaded
from tftp it is booting fine but kernel panics while mounting FS
giving this message,

yaffs: dev is 1048576 name is
"ram0"
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 1.0, "ram0"
yaffs: dev is 1048576 name is "ram0"
yaffs: Attempting MTD mount on 1.0, "ram0"
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)

Thanks and Regards,
Meher