I've built full toolchains and rootfs using Angstrom's OE
(gcc4.1.1,glibc 2.5, ntpl, posix threads), buildroot
(gcc4.1.1,uclibc0.98,posix threads), and crosstools.  I created an rpm
that runs on fc5 and fc6 for the toolchains.  The GNU EABI is key.  You
can use the Angstrom's OE with some magic in scratchbox with an article
found here: http://www.scratchbox.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded.  I've had
better success with scratchbox on debian then fedora. I've sent out an
email before also indicating debian has released a full EABI feed with a
full development rootfs.

Jim