From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Adam Dawidziuk
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:28 AM
To: Davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: davinci_vpfe blocks on ioctll(VIDIOC_DQBUF)

Hi,

I'm trying to run encode demo on DVEVM. As you may image it does not
work. After a while I figured out that it blocks on dequeuing buffers
from the v4l device: ioctl(...VIDIOCQ_DQBUF...).
To be more precise:
videobuf_waiton() (which is a part of video_dqbuf()) returns with
-EINTR.

cat /proc/interrupts shows that there are no interrupts generated by the
v4l module:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/opt/dvevm# cat /proc/interrupts
            CPU0
   0:            0   dm644xv4l2
   8:      44042   davincifb
  12:           1   musb_hdrc
  13:      10125   EMAC
  32:           4   free-run counter
  33:           0   high-res timer
  35:      73522   system tick
  39:       1765   i2c
  40:       2797   serial
Err:            0

And yes, vpfe_isr() is not really called once (although register_irq
returned with success).
TVP5146 on the other seems to be working ok.
I use S3(10)->OFF, means NTSC is supposed to be used by the kernel (from
u-boot)

Here's my u-boot environment:

setboot=setenv bootargs mem=120M console=ttyS0,115200n8 root=/dev/hda1
rw noinitrd ip=dhcp video=dm64xxfb:output=ntsc bootcmd=tftpboot;bootm
rootpath=/home/adam/filesys
nfshost=10.5.0.5
bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd rw ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=10.5.0.5:/home/adam/filesys,nolock mem=120M
bootdelay=3
baudrate=115200
setenv=bootargs console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd rw ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs
video=dm64xxfb:output=NTSC;
nfsroot=10.5.0.5:/home/rzubala/filesys,nolock mem=120M
filesize=17628
fileaddr=80700000
ipaddr=192.168.16.85
serverip=10.5.0.5
bootfile=uImage
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
stderr=serial
ethaddr=00:0e:99:02:51:77
videostd=ntsc

I've tried pretty much everything: I've recompiled the u-boot with (in
my opinion) all VPSS_PSC enabled (both master and slave). Same goes for
the kernel. From the point of configuration I think this is it, I have
no idea what to do next... I'm starting to suspect that my DVEVM got
damaged at some point.

Maybe someone had similar problems? I would really really appreciate any
help, and maybe uImage+u-boot that works 100%.? Please :)

Best,

--
Adam Dawidziuk
Sentivision