From: Kevin Hilman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Dirk Behme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Andy Ngo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "davinci-linux-open-source
@linux.davincidsp.com" <davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:23:17 AM
Subject: Re: HR timers

Dirk Behme wrote:
> Andy Ngo wrote:
>> I'm trying to enable high resolution timers support in the kernel
>> (2.6.20 GIT tree) but I don't see the option via the kernel
>> configuration.  I went through all the categories without any luck.
>> Do I need a special patch or something like that to enable HR timers?
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think HR timers are part of -rt
> patch set:
>
> http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/High_resolution_timers

That's mostly right, but each platform also has to have a clocksource
and clockevent for HRT and dyntick to work correctly for that platform.

I have already done the clocksource/clockevent stuff for DaVinci and
it's in the mainline kernel as of 2.6.22, but not backported to davinci
git (but should be easy.)

Kevin