Hi...

This may be a really silly question, but maybe I'm expecting too much
here...

I am developing an algorithm that runs on video (raw) on the DSP side of a
Davinci DM6446. The final plan is for the algorithm to be packed up in a
codec server for use with the codec engine - I will be using the ARM side
(with Linux) for the video capture and display (with v4l2 and davincifb).

My question is this:

When developing the algorithm for the DSP in CCStudio on Windows... how can
I get test video in and out of the DSP side of the app? Since the ARM must
be disabled to allow the emulation of the DSP, I no longer have my nice
Linux framework to do the video capture and display.

As far as I can tell, there are 3 options:

+ Develop the algorithm as best I can with no test data. Reboot to Linux,
package into a codec server and test.
+ Write code to capture and display video the hard way (i.e from the DSP
side, without using nice Linux drivers).
+ Possibly use the XDS560 emulator to pump raw video down and retrieve the
results.

All of these options seem less than ideal.... I get the feeling I am missing
something... surely if the ARM is there I should be able to use it to do the
boring bits?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.
Ben