From: Russo, David
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 11:54 AM
To: Longley, Lester; [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Peer-to-peer support for
RTSC tooling (May contain non-TIers)
Cc: Russo, David
Subject: RE: Using linear assembly with XDC and codec engine

I don't see anything wrong (except for the missing '}' in the last
for-loop below).

The error indicates that the file MyAssemlyFile.sa does not exist.  How
can this happen if the build script lists all files in the current
working directory?  Well ...  Recall that the build script builds a
makefile (package.mak) and GNU make controls the build using this
makefile.  So it is possible that:

1.      when package.mak is created the file MyAssemlyFile.sa existed
and the build works
2.      MyAssemlyFile.sa is deleted
3.      then you rebuild the package.  But since no files changed,
package.mak is not updated and GNU make thinks it needs to assemble
MyAssemlyFile.sa to put in the code library.  Since it no longer exists
you get the error below

To fix this simply touch package.bld and rebuild:  package.bld will run
and detect that the file MyAssemlyFile.sa no longer exists and
regenerate a package.mak that has no reference to this file.