From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Lorenzo Lutti
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 12:28 AM
To: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: Re: Has anyone used Windows CE on Davinci (specifically the
DM355)

Diego Dompe ha scritto:

> As far I know TI codecs for DM355 (JPEG and MPEG4) are available only
on
> Linux at this point, and albeit they can be ported to WinCE I think
you
> will have to deal with it by yourself.

The OS runs on the ARM side only, therefore the CODECs (that run on the
DSP side) should be the same for any OS. As long as the DSPLINK is
ported for the target OS, there shouldn't be any problem. Do I miss
something?

Anyway, I've written a couple of e-mails to Mistral Software (they wrote
the CE BSP for 6446) and it's quite clear that at the moment (i.e. ever)
they don't have any plan to port the BSP neither for DM6467 nor DM355.
>From my point of view, this casts a dark light also on DM6446 support;
they obviously don't consider very strategic the DaVinci platform for
their business.

Cheers, Lorenzo