Hello,

I've been working with the sd/mmc interface lately and have found that
occasionally if I have an sd card in during the boot process I get the
following error:

mmc0: error 4 whilst initialising SD card

It seems to then wait a little while and then try again - and the second
time it seems to work.  The problem is I'm trying to mount the card towards
the end of the boot process and when this error occurs it seems to take
about 10 seconds for the sd card to show up in /dev.  I've only noticed this
with cards greater than 512MB.  I've also noticed that it tends to happen
more often when I power the DVEVM on without doing any type of reset.  If I
hold reset down while I flip the power switch, and then release a couple
seconds later I don't see it happen as often.  I'm using the latest
2.6.23git kernel

Thanks,

--
John Sample