Josh,

Within DSP/BIOS LINK, the issue is in the configuration file
(CFG_Davinci.c). The IPS name is the following: "IPS" in the below ...

/**
====
 *  @name   LINKCFG_ipsTable_00
 *
 *  @desc   IPS table ID 0.
 *
====
 */
STATIC CONST LINKCFG_Ips  LINKCFG_ipsTable_00 [] =
{
    {
        "IPS",                 /* NAME           : Name of the
Inter-Processor-Signaling component */
        (Uint32) 32,           /* NUMIPSEVENTS   : Number of IPS events
to be supported */
        (Uint32) 0,            /* MEMENTRY       : Memory entry ID (-1
if not needed) */
        (Uint32) 46,           /* GPPINTID       : Interrupt no. to used
by the IPS on GPP-side. */
        (Uint32) 16,           /* DSPINTID       : Interrupt no. to used
by the IPS on DSP-side. */
        0,                     /* ARGUMENT1      : First IPS-specific
argument */
        0                      /* ARGUMENT2      : Second IPS-specific
argument */
    },
    {
        "IPS",                 /* NAME           : Name of the
Inter-Processor-Signaling component */
        (Uint32) 32,           /* MAXIPSEVENTS   : Number of IPS events
to be supported */
        (Uint32) 1,            /* MEMENTRY       : Memory entry ID (-1
if not needed) */
        (Uint32) 47,           /* GPPINTID       : Interrupt no. to used
by the IPS on GPP-side. */
        (Uint32) 17,           /* DSPINTID       : Interrupt no. to used
by the IPS on DSP-side. */
        0,                     /* ARGUMENT1      : First IPS-specific
argument */
        0                      /* ARGUMENT2      : Second IPS-specific
argument */
    }
} ;

You cannot change this name. It is used to map to the function table on
the kernel-side, and indicates that the "IPS" type of
InterProcessor-Signaling component is to be used -- default.

Which version of CE are you using? Chris will be able to comment whether
DSPLink 1.40.x is compatible with the version of CE you are using,
because CE does not directly expose the DSPLink configuration to users.

Regards,
Mugdha