Hi,

The problem is that cross-compiling with autotools avoids to run certain test because it cannot detect the environment settings for the target platform. Many embedded distributions avoid such problems by running the compilation inside a emulated ARM machine (which can be slow).

To fix this problems when cross-compiling you can pre-define the values for the autotools to the proper settings for your target, for example our script building for gstreamer in our own SDK uses the following lines for glibc:

# glib_cv_stack_grows=no glib_cv_uscore=no ac_cv_func_posix_getpwuid_r=yes ./configure <extra parameters>

This will avoid the problems with cross compilation.

Regards,

Diego Dompe
RidgeRun Engineering