2008/2/4 Santiago Lanzuela Benedicto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Do you use any specific hardware to verify the programs? I've seen in TI
> website that DM6446 had a LCD monitor and a camera, but the DM355
> development kit hasn't got this options.

TI told me that they have a 3rd party LCD option from LogicPD that
connects to DC5 on the EVM.
http://www.logicpd.com/products/displaykit/LCD-6.4-VGA-10/ $799
http://www.logicpd.com/legacy/support/order/ DaVinci LCD Adapter Board USD$349

The DC5 connector is 25x2 with the following pinout. The DM355 has a
VPBE with a DLCD that the spec says can drive an 18-bit TTL output for
a typical LCD. I think that when the VPBE is in PRGB mode, the DC5
connector can be wired directly to a typical LCD. For example,
VDOUT_Y[7:0] becomes { G[7:5] , R[7:3] }, VDOUT_C[7:0] becomes {
G[4:2], B[7:3] } which gives you RGB565. You should check if the
davincifb driver supports this mode and what pins need to be mapped to
enable RGB666 for 18-bit TTL.

Pin # Signal Pin # Signal
1 VDOUT_LCD_OE 2 GIO16
3 VDOUT_FIELD 4 GIO17
5 DM355_GIO6 6 DM355_GIO7
7 Ground 8 Ground
9 VDOUT_C0 10 VDOUT_C1
11 VDOUT_C2 12 VDOUT_C3
13 VDOUT_C4 14 VDOUT_C5
15 VDOUT_C6 16 VDOUT_C7
17 Ground 18 Ground
19 VDOUT_EXTCLK 20 CDOUT_HSYNC
21 Ground 22 Ground
23 VDOUT_VCLK 24 CDOUT_VSYNC
25 Ground 26 Ground
27 VDOUT_Y0 28 VDOUT_Y1
29 VDOUT_Y2 30 VDOUT_Y3
31 VDOUT_Y4 32 VDOUT_Y5
33 VDOUT_Y6 34 VDOUT_Y7
35 Ground 36 Ground
37 I2C_SCLK 38 DC5_RESETn
39 I2C_DATA 40 Ground
41 VCC_1V8 42 VCC_1V8
43 Ground 44 Ground
45 VCC_3V3 46 VCC_3V3
47 Ground 48 Ground
49 VCC_5V 50 VCC_5V

Here's a typical TFT LCD pinout:
Pin No. Symbol Function
1 GND
2 DCLK Clock signal for sampling catch data signal
3 HD Horizontal sync signal
4 VD Vertical sync signal
5 GND
6 R0 Red data signal(LSB)
7 R1 Red data signal
8 R2 Red data signal
9 R3 Red data signal
10 R4 Red data signal
11 R5 Red data signal(MSB)
12 GND
13 G0 Green data signal(LSB)
14 G1 Green data signal
15 G2 Green data signal
16 G3 Green data signal
17 G4 Green data signal
18 G5 Green data signal(MSB)
19 GND
20 B0 Blue data signal(LSB)
21 B1 Blue data signal
22 B2 Blue data signal
23 B3 Blue data signal
24 B4 Blue data signal
25 B5 Blue data signal(MSB)
26 GND
27 DENA Data enable signal(to settle the viewing area)
28 VCC 3.3 / 5.0 V Power Supply
29 VCC 3.3 / 5.0 V Power Supply
30 TEST This pin should be open. Test signal output for only internal test use.
31 SC Scan direction Control.(GND or Open:Normal, High:Reverse