Serkan,

I think the best approach for what you have is to write the code directly in user space. They are two reasons for this: - They are already UART and I2C drivers for DM355 implemented that will handle the data transmission, and those can be easily accessed from user space (just call open() over /dev/ttySX and /dev/i2c-0 ?). - Implementing a kernel driver may be overkiller and more difficult to maintain.

I think implementing it over i2c could be hard; the DM355 is an i2c master and I don't recall if it can run as slave. On the case is just a master you will need a process or driver constantly polling the second MCU, which could be inefficient. I would say UART sounds like a better option.

You can open the UART port directly from your QT app and just receive the information there.

Regards,

Diego Dompe
RidgeRun Engineering