Mughda, Dirk, Troy,

many thanks for your feedback. See my comments below...

> We have verified DSPLink with upto 2.6.22 kernel. In our
> internal development for this since 1.50, we have made the
> following changes:
>
> /dsplink/gpp/src/osal/Linux/prcs.c:
> Add #include <linux/sched.h>
> /dsplink/gpp/src/osal/Linux/2.6.18/mem.c:
> Add #include <linux/sched.h>

OK. With these changes the build process finishes w/o any error.
The DSP and the sample parts of the build also run smoothly.

Funny thing is, that the examples execute fine on our custom board,
although it has only 128MB of memory and I didn't do any adaption
of the memory map in the configuration files.

On second thought it's not so strange at all, because with 128MB of
RAM, for instance address 8FF00000h points to the same location as
address 87F00000h. So as long as one don't want to change the sizes of
the
memory areas, nobody has to alter the memory configuration at all. Quite
cool.

> /dsplink/gpp/src/osal/Linux/2.6.18/isr.c
> Change:
> ISR_Callback (int irq, void * arg, struct pt_regs * flags) ;
> To:
> ISR_Callback (int irq, void * arg) ;

That's not only not necessary for the 2.6.23 kernel, but even leads to
a build error.

> Kai: I think you know

http://linux.omap.com/pipermail/davinci-linux-open-source/2008-February/
005220.html

> ?
>
> But this seems to be an other dsplink version.
>
> Troy: Which toolchain did you use for above?

After all the toolchain shouldn't matter - I assume, that building with
the Montavista toolchain throws the same build errors.

> Are you including autoconf.h
>

> From a previous posting,
> 2.
> dvevm_1_20/dsplink_1_30_08_02/packages/dsplink/make/Linux/Davi
> nci/compile.mk, link.mk
>
> Make sure the following lines are in the files ifeq
> ("$(GPPOSVERSION)", "2.6")
> STD_CC_FLAGS   += -include linux/autoconf.h
> endif

This has already be done in dsplink 1.50. But the GPL issue still exists
(see link above)...

Best regards,
Kai