Apologies for the incorrect subject line last time.

All,
I'm trying to build gstreamer (as provided by TI) for the DM6446. I could not
compile check-0.9.3, a lib required by gstreamer.
In the log messages during compilation of check, I see the line where a
compiler is supposed to run and then the archiver (ar) (to make the lib) runs.
The first file the archiver tries archive is check.o. check.c is also the first
file that the compiler is supposed to compile.

I see something very suspicious where it tries to compile check.c :

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/vijay/projects/GStreamer/opensource_build/check-0.9.3/src'
source='check.c' object='check.o' libtool=no \
DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/sh ../depcomp \
arm_v5t_le-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -c check.c
source='check_error.c' object='check_error.o' libtool=no \
DEPDIR=.deps depmode=none /bin/sh ../depcomp \
arm_v5t_le-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -c check_error.c

>From the logs above, it appears that it doesn't even run the compiler. The
>back-slashes (\) at the end of the (2nd & 3rd) lines makes the group of three
>lines into one line. I would correct the Makefile, but it isn't provided in
>the package from TI and is probably created by automake.
Any ideas, anyone? Why would automake create an incorrect Makefile? How could I
fix this?
Appreciate any suggestions.

Vijay

Brian Jeff wrote:
Stephen,
The package was built for the latest Montavista kernel on the DM6446
DVEVM. Some additional work may be needed to port this to the latest
community open source Linux kernel for DaVinci. Which OS version are you
using?

Thanks for pointing out the difference in the filename - I'll rename the
file back to gstreamer_tibuild.tar.gz  to be consistent with the docs.
We'll also have a plain text or HTML doc up shortly on the Z3 Technology
site. They are getting their CVS / GIT ready.

Brian Jeff