Hi all,

I am working with 6467, dvsdk_1_40_00_11.

After spending some time comparing frames decoded from my module and frames decoded from the "decode" sample, I came to the conclusion that the codec is not doing a good job on the first picture it decodes.

The video is Mpeg2 and looks like this:
Frame    DTS    PTS
(0)I    1:03    1:13
(1)B    none    1:06
(2)B    none    1:09
(3)P    1:13    1:23
(4)B    none    1:16
(5)B    none    1:20
(6)P    1:23    1:33

All the frames are identical from my module and from the sample except the first I frame.
Note that after decoding, the display order will be: 1B-2B-0I-4B-5B-3P-....

So, for the first decode frame -0I- if I display it, I can see the chrominance doesn't look right for both my module and "decode".
Doing something like
 hDstBuf = BufTab_getFreeBuf(hBufTab);                             |
 memset(hDstBuf->virtPtr , 0x88, hDstBuf->size);
I get a frame that looks good but is in black and white. I therefore assume the codec gets the luminance right for that first frame but doesn't initialize the chrominance. "memset"ing to 0x0 would result in a green display etc.

-1- Has anyone had such kind of problem?
-2- I am using the evaluation kit ; I know already that the codec I have for h.264 is rather limited ; would the mpeg2 codec have a bug / limitation as well?
-3- How do I report that bug?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Best regards,

Laurent