The boot sequence for the DM355 is:

RBL -> rom boot loader which loads...
UBL-> user boot loader which loads...
u-boot-> which loads
uImage-> which loads the rest of linux.

1) using (fdisk, cfdisk, ???) create 3 partitions on the card:
   p1)a partition for the uboot
   p2)a partition for uImage
   p3)a partition for the filesystem

2) on partition 3, do a mkfs.ext2.
  I know not to use a logging fs on an sd card, but I would be
interested in other ideas. jaffs perhaps? Ext2 does work.

3) using hexedit, modify the first clear block (on a multiple of 512)
to have the following:

  0 0xA1AC EDxx Magic number (0xA1ACEDxx)
  4 Entry Point Address of UBL Entry point address for the user
boot-loader (absolute address)
  8 Number of blocks in UBL Number of blocks (size of user
boot-loader in number of blocks)
 12 Starting Block # of UBL Block number where user boot-loader is located

4) find somewhere in the early bocks to insert the UBL. Edit the entry
in step 3 to reflect it's location and size.

One of the major problems is that UBL needs to be modified to find
U-Boot on SD card. The uboot shipped with dvsdk only boots off of
nand.

5) Modify uboot so that it can boot off of an SD card. I have a patch
to make the 644x? boot off of SD, and I'm hoping it's a
straightforward port to the DM355. I also have a tech support request
in to TI, but those seem to disappear for me.

6) copy (using dd) uboot into p1

7) copy (using dd) uImage into p2

8) copy filesystem into p3
Any comments would be much appreciated.