Thanks Phil,

I checked the hidden files in my /workdir/lsp directory, a copy dir of the  MV
LSP in my home  dir.  There are  .mvl_cross_compile, .mvl_target_cpu and
.mvl_target_installdir already in the dir which contain  arm_v5t_le-,  arm  and
 arm/v5t_le  respectively. I then use

make mrproper

It seems this make does some cleaning things all right. But still I got the
following errors when I compile,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/workdir/lsp/ti-davinci$ make V=1
davinci_dm355_evm_defconfig
make -f scripts/Makefile.build
obj=scripts/basic
  gcc -Wp,-MD,scripts/basic/.fixdep.d -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer         -o scripts/basic/fixdep
scripts/basic/fixdep.c
In file included from
scripts/basic/fixdep.c:113:
/usr/include/limits.h:125:26: error: no include
path in which to search for limits.h
In file included from
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:31,
                 from
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
                 from
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
                 from
/usr/include/arpa/inet.h:23,
                 from
scripts/basic/fixdep.c:115:
/usr/include/limits.h:125:26: error: no include
path in which to search for limits.h
make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep]
Error 1
make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2

I saw you compiled with a command line prompt like, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
linux-2.6.10_mvl401]#.  I'm wondering if I should compile in the console
emulation window connecting to the EVM board via RS232 with my prompt "[EMAIL
PROTECTED]" (i.e., target $ in the guide), and use the workdir which has
subdirs of filesys and lsp as the shared file system. But if my gcc package has
any bug, then I don't think I can pass compilation even using shared file
system.

I am using Ubuntu linux 7.04, I did not perceive any mis-operation in my last
installation but do you think it help if I re-install ubuntu or another linux
such as Fedora 9 Beta? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael