From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bernard Blackham
Sent: 25 June 2008 16:24
To: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: Flashing NAND for u-boot from Linux - ECC differences?

U-boot: 1.3.3
Linux kernel: 2.6.24 + patches to approximate current git
NAND: 256MiB with 128KiB blocks and 2KiB pages

I tried flashing a kernel image into NAND on an mtd device using the
nandwrite utility from within Linux. u-boot cannot read the image and it
fails with "read error".

Racelogic is a limited company registered in England. Registered number 2743719
.
Registered Office Unit 10, Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, Bucks,
MK18 1TB .
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by
Racelogic Ltd for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is
directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you
have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from
your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the
error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected. The
views expressed by the sender of this communication do not necessarily
represent those of Racelogic Ltd. Please note that Racelogic reserves the right
to monitor e-mail communications passing through its network