Thanks. I'd rather not do any soldering to the board right now. What about 8-bit YCbCr or raw RGB? I could simply use the imager interface as is correct?

Jon Povey wrote:
I don't know about the streaming but I have messed about a fair bit with
inputting strange things to the DM355 EVM.

12 data input lines are labeled as such, 2 more are hooked up (called
IMAGER_TRG and IMAGER_GBL_SHUTTER), and the last two you will need to
get your soldering iron out for and connect them to pins 51 and 53 of
U54 (see page A-16 of your technical reference booklet).

You will then need to work out how to tell the MSP430 to switch the
multiplexer chips over, or cheat as I did and lift the pins and install
a physical switch.

Then you'll need to hack up the VPFE driver to support the modes you
want and set the right things in the VPFE and PINMUX* registers.

I have had 16-bit YCbCr going into the DM355 EVM, actually as two
separate parallel 8-bit BT.656 streams - I was hoping to be able to
split them up with DMA. (It works, but there's not enough memory
bandwidth to move that much data around at 25fps and run the VPBE.)

Your application sounds less bizzare than mine, though. Good luck.