From: Manh-Hung Le [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 3:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: FW: SPI on Davinci

Hi,

I am trying to have the SPI worked on the DaVinci DM6446.
Thank you for your post about SPI driver in davinci-linux-open-source
which is really helpful for me.

However, when I tried to compile your code following the step u
mentioned, I found these error when running "make" command

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `modules'. Stop

I think that my LINUXKERNEL_INSTALL_PATH is wrong after checking
several posts with the same problem.
I ran my code through telnet directly in the DaVinci board running
Monta Vista 4.0
I checked the folder /usr/src/ and /lib/modules/ but they r all blank.
Therefore I came to conclusion that the monta vista needs to upgrade.

My question that I would like you to help me are:

1) what is the correct LINUXKERNEL_INSTALL_PATH that worked for you ?

2) what package should I update my montavista on Davinci ? I can't run
sudo apt-get directly from DaVinci board so I guess I have to upgrade
it manually with tar file ?

I really appreciate your work.
Sincerely,

Manh Hung Le