Yes, sharp tuner to the DMM6446, we have the EVM. Howard, it would be great if you could make that available to us.

Regards
Nick

On 2 Jul 2008, at 10:34, Mitchell, Howard wrote:

Nicolas,

Just curious which device you're trying to hook up to? If it's a DM6446 I have a proven scheme for attaching a DVB tuner directly (no glue logic) to the CCD interface.

Howard

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ] On Behalf Of Nicholas Fearnley
Sent: 24 June 2008 12:14
To: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: EMIF

Hi,

I need to hook up a DVB (8 bit) tuner to the EMIF.  Current thinking
is to write a module to trigger DMA transfer using a GPIO interrupt on
the 'Packet Ready' output of the tuner.  Anyone have anything they can
point me at that might be similar to save some time?

Also I figured we'd need some bus switch on the CS pin to disconnect
the device when it is not being addressed by the module.  Am I
correct?  All advice gratefully received.

Nick