Hi,

You need to perform several steps

1/ Bootloader: Somebody needs to port 'u-boot' (or other bootloader) to your
custom hardware. What needs changing depends on how different the hardware is
from the reference platform. You will almost certainly need a JTAG probe to
FLASH the bootloader.

2/ Kernel: The kernel needs porting to your custom hardware. As with the
bootloader, hardware differences between your hardware and the EVM needs to be
catered for. The bootloader should be able to TFTP the kernel from a suitable
server and initially the kernel can use an NFS based root filesystem whilst the
kernel is developed.

3/ Filesytem development: You need to build a root filesystem that fits in
FLASH. There are tools to do this (from DevRocket from MontaVista, LTIB - Open
Source or 'buildroot' to name a few) or you can 'hack' at the default NFS
filesystem with 'rm' till it fits. The easiest way to FLASH the root filesystem
is to boot the system using NFS and mount & FLASH the partition from there.

Regards

Phil Q

Phil Quiney, Senior Software Engineer
Trinity Convergence