Hi,

If you want to use kerrmit from Linux then I recommend you install the
'ckermit' package. (I wasted a lot of time trying to get kermit to work in
minicom, nothing I tried worked. 'kermit' was faultless)

Anyway, not only is the kermit client robust but the terminal emulation is
better than minicom.

You just need a .kermrc in your HOME directory - something like...

set line /dev/ttyS0
set speed 115200
set carrier-watch off
set handshake none