Hi,

We are working on a linux 2.6.11, on multiple processor architectures
(arm-davinci, ppc, x86). We want to update our kernel to the latest stable
version, beginning with the davinci chip support.

We don't understand how the official kernel developments and the
davinci-kernel git work together :

-          when and how the official kernel developments are updated on the
git branches ? Is it during the merges ? What is merged ?

-          when and how the git branches are sent to the official kernel, if
that occurs ?

-          to which kernel the git branch is closer to (2.6.26 or before) ?
Does it depends on the processor ?

-          Are there stable releases on the git snapshots ?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.