Hi Brian,

Thanks, for the valuable feedback on your experience.  I am working on
a proof of concept with the EVMDM6446, but unfortunately I don't have
a daughter card enabling output at 1024x768, so I need to do some
guesstimations...

1) You say using the attribute window to fade-in/out large region of
the screen becomes problematic?  What did you notice?

2) You ask about the frequency I will write to OSD0.  Well...  The
goal is to have the 1024x768 divided in 2 regions: 1 of about 1024x600
with static graphics and another of 1024x168 which scrolls a message
in large fonts (video will be within the 1024x600 region).

3) Have you tried to send 1024x768 OSD data 8 times a seconds (which
would be below the 25 MBytes/sec).  Is there any tearing?

Thanks!

Carl