Hi,

For testing you could divert the display to a remote Linux box and use that as
the display.

On the Linux host you need to run (as the user running the X session) the
command 'xhost +' (which allows any connection) or xhost +targetname to just
allow the target - though this relies on DNS resolving the name - I am not sure
if an IP address is allowed.

On the target you need to either export DISPLAY=linuxhost:0 or specify
--display linuxhost:0 to the command. Here linuxhost is the name of your Linux
box (needs to be resolvable via DNS or in /etc/hosts on the target - it could
be an IP address instead of a name to avoid name resolver problems.

Then when you run the command it should pop a display window up on the remote
machine.

Regards

Phil Q

Phil Quiney, Principal Software Engineer
Trinity Convergence
Cambridge Business Park
Cowley Road
Cambridge CB4 0WZ, UK