So I have been trying to get the LAD to work.
Is there any more information on it besides the wiki page?
Basically, I have reconfigured my apps to use it and recompiled the LAD with
my library paths. Then when I run the first app without first starting LAD,
it fails. If I run it after starting LAD it runs.
So it looks like it is somewhat setup.
However, the first app does not run every time. It is intermittent.
Sometimes I start it and it can't open the codec engine and quits, other
times it runs without fail.
When I have it running, I can then start the second app and, similarly, it
runs some of the time, but mostly can't open the codec engine and quits.
Very strange behavior.
Maybe there are some configuration options that I am missing. Or something
about how to setup the server packages.
Thanks,
-mat