Hello Stephen and Murali,

Currently I am working on the Video encoder driver for Davinci DMS 355.
The driver is being implemented using the Montavista TI Linux code. As
per the existing encoder driver architecture, we can add the customized
new driver to the drivers/media folder and we have set the encoder
output name in the driver as well in the boot arguments. I have taken
the THS8200_encoder.c as reference. Since, the encoder that I am going
to use is through I2c, I have selected the ths8200_encoder.c as base.

I have set the encoder output as KCDA210. Also, I have made changes in
the davinci_platform.c for VPBE module settings. In the boot arguments,
when I give the encoder manager output name as KCDA210, the system is
booting and working fine. If, I make any changes in the encoder file
that I have created, then the system is not booting. The system gets
hanged during the kernel un-compression. If I revert those changes back,
then the system is booting properly.

For example, err |= i2c_write();

If I make the change as err = i2c_write();, instead of ORing the output,
then the system gets hanged during the boot.

I am not sure that the hanging is because of this change. But, if I
revert these changes back, the system works fine.

Boot arguments that I am using,

setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd rw
ip=10.100.135.51:10.100.135.126:10.100.135.1:255.255.255.0:::off
root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=$(nfshost):$(rootpath),nolock mem=116M
video=davincifb:vid0=720x576x16,2500K:vid1=720x576x16,2500K:osd0=720x576
x16,2025K davinci_enc_mngr.ch0_output=KCDA210
davinci_enc_mngr.ch0_mode=$(videostd)

If you faced the same issue, please provide your valuable comments.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Prabha.

DISCLAIMER:

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the
opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
distribution and / or publication of
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any mail and