2008/11/11 David Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> for nand flash you'd better to use yaff2. If you really decide to use jffs2
> please modify the uboot to enable ecc check.
> That's because ecc is not enabled by uboot. Then kernel give a ecc check.
> While you write file.jffs2 to the nand, you will meet bad block and bit
> reverse.All leads to ecc error.
> My suggestion is to use yaffs2 or write mtd under linux environment.

Thanks for ur reply..  I downloaded yafss2 tool to make yaffs2 image ...

Now how can i write this image to nand (AT which memory location ? is it
0x460000?)
i have copied yaffs2 image to 0x80700000 location ..
and how can i set bootargs for that?

is it

setenv bootargs mem=120M console=ttyS0,115200n8 root=/dev/mtdblock3 rw
init=/bin/sh noatime rootfstype=yaffs2 ip=off

Nd finally u told "or write mtd under linux environment." Can u please give
some pointer to this

Thanks once again
Deepak