Hey guys,

I'm having a problem when using a system() C function call and the codec
engine is running. I know inside a POSIX system(.) it essentially forks,
execs, waitpid. From what I read a child process is spawned with the
parent's copy of a data space, heap, and a stack.

Anyways when I call the system function WITHOUT the codec engine running it
executes properly. Just for a test I do something very simple:

system("date > test.txt");

Now when I run that with the codec engine running in a separate thread, I
get a kernel Oops Error and when the program goes to exit it freezes the
davinci.

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c4e06c8e

pgd = c06bc000

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh