Hi,
I've done it last week. I've compiled a fresh u-boot and flash it to the DVEVM
with the following command :

mono sfh_DM35x.exe -p /dev/ttyS0 -nandflash ./ubl/ubl_DM35x_nand.bin
~/temp/u-boot/u-boot-1.2.0-dm355_evm.bin

Before doing this, you must set the SW7 (BOOT MODE) switches to ON:ON in order
to set the Davinci in UART bootmode. You can check this with a terminal
emulator (picocom or minicom) set on the DVEVM serial port through a
null-modem wire. You'll see a "BOOTME BOOTME BOOTME ...." message as written
on the DaVinci Manual.

Hope this help.
Eric.