Hi,

There is one more thing I forgot to mention earlier......

The DM355 has a problem with some ethernet switches in that the link will not come up 100% of the time. Check to make sure that the link light comes on on the DM355/switch. u-boot will only attempt to bring up the link when tftp'ing the kernel, check if the 'T T T' characters appear then look for link activity.

Netgear FS108 switches show this issue (as that is what I had). The 'fix' is to unplug the cable and plug it back in or reboot & try again.

You will need to get tftpd working on a server (it does not have to be the same server as for NFS), either to load the kernel into FLASH or so u-boot can fetch the kernel on each boot up. 'tftpd' may install with the service disabled (this is what RedHat/Fedora/CentOS does). Check the file /etc/xinetd.d/tftp and check for 'disable=yes' lines (or 'enable=no') and change accordingly. You will need to restart xinetd (or send it a SIGHUP) to read the config file you just changed. Note tftp may be split into client & server packages, if you install both you can test your server with a 'tftp localhost' command. The only thing to be careful of is to make sure you are not in the /tftpboot directory when you run the tftp command. At the 'tftp' prompt just type 'get uImage' and it should fetch the file.

Note that tftpd ships these days 'chrooted' to /tftpboot otherwise it is a HUGE security issue to give a remote client complete (& anonymous) access to the whole server filesystem. This will break clients asking for files with the /tftpboot in the path. To allow for this do the following...

[u...@server] cd /tftpboot
[u...@server] ln -s . tftpboot

Now clients can ask for /tftpboot/uImage or uImage and receive the file. The tftpd package should have created /tftpboot and this should have fairly relaxed permissions as it is a 'public' directory.

Regards

Phil Q

Theo Debrouwere wrote:

Sz Lian Yu wrote:

I have tried those recommand methods:
http://www.mail-archive.com/davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com/msg05045.html http://www.mail-archive.com/davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com/msg00349.html But still not work...

My system is:
(1)Server: ubintu 7.10
   I can mount by nfs to this server by another ubuntu linux system.
   nfs server works fine and firewall is disabled.

(2)DM355 setup in uboot
DM355 EVM # setenv autoload no
DM355 EVM # setenv ipaddr 140.70.66.252
DM355 EVM # setenv serverip 140.70.66.101
DM355 EVM # setenv netmask 255.255.255.0
DM355 EVM # setenv rootpath /tftpboot
DM355 EVM # setenv bootfile /tftpboot/uImage
DM355 EVM # setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd rw ip=$(ipaddr) root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=$(serverip):$(rootpath),nolock mem=80M v4l2_video_capture=:device=MT9P031
DM355 EVM # setenv bootcmd tftpboot\;bootm
DM355 EVM # saveenv

But my DM355 is always pending in Loading process.

Saving Environment to NAND...
Erasing Nand...Writing to Nand... done
DM355 EVM # boot
TFTP from server 140.70.66.101; our IP address is 140.70.66.252
Filename '/tftpboot/uImage'.
Load address: 0x80700000

Could someone give me a hand???
Thank you very much.

It is trying to load the kernel over tftp. Starting the board over network has 2 steps:
* once started, the kernel will setup the nfs.
So, you're missing the first step. Please install tftpd & set it up correctly. (you can verify by connecting to it with tftp)
That's all

Regards,

Theo

PS. Sorry for the disclaimer, it's out of my control.

DISCLAIMER:
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the message. Thank you.