On Friday 09 January 2009, Andrea Gasparini wrote:
> Kevin Hilman spiffera, alle venerdì 09 gennaio 2009 circa:
> > DaVinci git has been sync'd with the upstream (omap) tree at v2.6.28.
> > Boot tested a single kernel (davinci_all_defconfig) on dm6446, dm355
> > and dm6467.
>
> Confirmed, I was able to compile and boot (still no rootfs, but seems not a
> big problem) without sort of issues on a DM355 based board. :)

You should be able to use root on an SD card... or initramfs.

Using the dm9000 on the EVM for NFS root seems to work with
some versions of UBL but not others.  I don't know that anyone
is looking at the problem there.

Using NAND on dm355 from mainline GIT is NOT advisable at the
at the moment, at least with the EVM, because

  (a) the 2.6.10 kernel uses the 4-bit ECC hardware, as
      it most certainly should!!, but that's not yet
      supported in mainline,
  (b) more problematically (b1) it scatters that ECC
      data *inline* instead of storing it only in the
      OOB area, and (b2) expects U-Boot to do the same.

The RBL uses that nonstandard ECC layout; but there's no real
need for the UBL, U-Boot, or Linux to use it.

- Dave