-----Original Message-----
From: Sergei Shtylyov [mailto:sshtyl...@ru.mvista.com]
Sent: 2009年1月23日 13:44
To: He, Zhengting
Cc: Kevin Hilman; davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com; Wells,
Kimberly; McGoldrick, Bobby; Venkat, Subbu; Friedland, David
Subject: Re: omap-L1xxx

Hello.

He, Zhengting wrote:

>     I think serious customers will need to go into that level and modify the
> drivers for their customized boards,

   Modifying the drivers for the customized boards is certainly a wrong idea
(though TI programmers seem to misunderstand this).

> special requirement etc. Without the directory/file name changes being made,
> it is easy for them to find out where the things are that they need to
> change. It also brings them little confusion.

   If we use "double names" in the Kconfig options, it will be relatively
simple to map the options to the source files. I certainly don't support the
idea of file names like omapl1xx_da8xx.c and we can't just rename them to
omapl1xx.c to not offend the other

> Zhengting He (Ph.D)
> Application Engineer
> DSP Catalog
> email: z-...@ti.com
> voice: 281-274-4355
> fax: 281-274-2279

WBR, Sergei

   These are autogenerated.

>>arch/arm/mach-da8xx

>>drivers/char/da8xx_lcd

>>drivers/video/da8xx

>>/**************************************************************************/
>>/* File names to be changed                                               */
>>/**************************************************************************/
>>arch/arm/mach-da8xx/da8xx.h

>>include/config/rtc/drv/da8xx.h

   This is autogenrated file.

>>drivers/usb/musb/da8xx.c

>>drivers/video/da8xx/da8xx_fb.c

>>drivers/video/da8xx/da8xx_fb.h

>>drivers/video/da8xx/da8xx_lcdc.h

   It's a long way before these drivers can get into the community kernel

>>Zhengting He (Ph.D)
>>Application Engineer
>>DSP Catalog
>>email: z-...@ti.com