Possibly, but there are some other considerations if you clear both.  Namely
once you re-enable the EDMA you would need the peripherals to generate new EDMA
events.  For example, with the ASP/McBSP you would need to turn it off and then
back on.  If you leave the event pending then you would not need to restart
ASP/McBSP.  Personally I think it's easier/cleaner to just let the event pend.
Otherwise the EDMA driver code has to interact with peripherals too.