From: Kamoolkar, Mugdha [mailto:mug...@ti.com]
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 12:13 PM
To: suhas; davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
Subject: RE: Problem with decode demo application

Suhas,

It just means that the GPP-side and DSP-side builds don't match. i.e.
DSP-side was built 'without' CHNL component enabled (when running the
dsplinkcfg.pl configuration) script, whereas GPP-side was built 'with' CHNL
component.

Usually happens if you're using pre-built binaries for DSP-side which likely
don't have CHNL component enabled, but rebuilding your GPP-side choosing the
default DSPLink configuration that enables everything.

Decode demo applications don't require CHNL component.

DSPLink internally has the checks to make sure that both GPP-side and
DSP-side are using the same configuration, otherwise there may be mismatches
in shared memory, resulting in run-time issues.

Regards,
Mugdha