From: davinci-linux-open-source-boun...@linux.davincidsp.com
[davinci-linux-open-source-boun...@linux.davincidsp.com] On Behalf Of Gopal
Sukumar [gopal_suku...@mindtree.com]
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 8:49 PM
To: DaVinciMailingList
Subject: ATA write speed issue

Hi all,

We are using DM6446 based board in the project. We have an issue with the write
speed through the ATA. On the other end of the bus is an ATA-SATA converter
connected to a SATA-DVD writer. The required write speed we need is close 10 M
bits/sec, whereas we are getting only 2.8 M Bits/sec, which is not even close
to what we need.

>From the software front, we just have an application that writes some data
>into the DVD media.

Can any of you tell me what could be the problem? Also what is the write speed
over the ATA?

Thanks,
Gopal Sukumar.