>> We need
>> streaming capability in the driver. This is how our driver works
>> with mt9t031 sensor
>>                raw-bus (10 bit)
>> vpfe-capture  ----------------- mt9t031 driver
>>        |                                        |
>>        V                                      V
>>      VPFE                                    MT9T031
>>
>> VPFE hardware has internal timing and DMA controller to
>> copy data frame by frame from the sensor output to SDRAM.
>> The PCLK form the sensor is used to generate the internal
>> timing.
>
>So, what is missing in the driver apart from the ability to specify
>a frame-rate?

[MK] Does the mt9t031 output one frame (snapshot) like in a camera or can it
output frame continuously along with PCLK, Hsync and Vsync signals like in a
video streaming device. VPFE capture can accept frames continuously from the
sensor synchronized to PCLK, HSYNC and VSYNC and output frames to application
using QBUF/DQBUF. In our implementation, we have timing parameters for the
sensor to do streaming at various resolutions and fps. So application calls
S_STD to set these timings. I am not sure if this is an acceptable way of
implementing it. Any comments?

Thanks

Murali