Ottavio Campana wrote:
Kevin Hilman wrote:
FYI.... I've added this series to a staging branch of DaVinci git
after some minor compile updates for the new kernel.

See branch 'staging/vpfe'.

cool. I think I'll try it in a few days.

I tried it today. It seems not to work, let me explain what I did.

I checked out today openembedded (I had to modify the defconfig because
it lacked vpfe support) and tried to build angstrom. With the exception
of dsplik that does not build against the 2.6.30-rc7 kernel, everything
seemed to be in good shape.

But with udev I only see /dev/fb[0123], no /dev/video0 . The
VIDIOC_QUERYCAP ioctl does not work on any of the /dev/fb* devices, but
I think it's for /dev/video0, though I'm not sure.

TVP5146 does not compile.

I investigated a bit more why tvp5146 does not compilare in staging/vpfe.

I found out that drivers/media/video/tvp5146.c uses the constant I2C_DRIVERID_TVP5150 in line 604. Such constant does not exist and it fails compiling.

I have a couple of questions:
* what must the value of I2C_DRIVERID_TVP5150 be?
* is the tvp5146 driver necessary to get the /dev/video0 device?

Ottavio