Hi All,

I have downloaded the evaluation versions of codec from TI's website. I was working on making the decode application with the decodecombo created with this eval version of codecs. What i have seen in the description written on the top of It's application's c source file is, it will use 8MB CMEM for encoded input file length of 2MB, and i have to increase the length of CMEM if i want to decode the file whose size is more than 2MB.

Version of codec combo package is as below:
dm6446_dvsdk_combos_1_35_evaluation

My problem is like when i decode only 30 frames TI's decode application works fine and write the decoded data in to the file. But if i increase the no. of frames from 30 to 60 it starts giving me the dump shown below:

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
pgd = c0004000
[00000000] *pgd=00000000
Internal error: Oops: 817 [#1]
Modules linked in: dsplinkk cmemk
CPU: 0
PC is at del_timer+0x90/0xe0
LR is at 0x20000013
pc : [<c0054900>] lr : [<20000013>] Tainted: PF sp : c0525cf0 ip : c0524000 fp : c0525d04
r10: 00000000  r9 : 00000000  r8 : c26db6e4
r7 : 00001000  r6 : c26db580  r5 : c26db610  r4 : c26db5e0
r3 : 00100100  r2 : 00000000  r1 : 00000000  r0 : 00000010
Flags: nZCv  IRQs off  FIQs on  Mode SVC_32  Segment kernel
Control: 5317F  Table: 83BC8000  DAC: 00000017
Process pdflush (pid: 109, stack limit = 0xc05241a0)
Stack: (0xc0525cf0 to 0xc0526000)
5ce0:                                     c02d4374 c26db584 c0525d64

So I just want to confirm that is it a problem with application or it is due to the evaluation versions of codec. And if it is the problem with application then how to solve it. As what i have observed that if i comment out the fwrite after the decoding of a frame, the same application works perfectly for more no. of frames.

--
Zuber Saiyed
Embedded Engineer

Disclaimer: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it
are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally
privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and please delete it from your computer. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
unless otherwise stated.Company has taken enough precautions to prevent
the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any