hello there,
I am currently working on building my own algorithm by modifying viddec_copy in
your examples.
When building codec engine, I have added  below lines in package.bld file.

Pkg.addLibrary(name, target,  {
        /* any other exeAttrs */
        copts: "-mem_model:data=far"
    }
);And able to create library successfully.  Without using
"-mem_model:data=far", I get relocation error message when building server. So
I have used this option for now,even though it hinders performance.

When I build servers for the same , I get this error message below.
I understand that  this might be due to different compiler options, Since I am
not using CCS v3.3 IDE I am not familiar how to do this in dvsdk_1_30_xx on
linux platform.

>>   error: library

'/home/sandeep/work/examples/ti/sdo/ce/examples/codecs/viddec_copy/lib/viddec_copy.a64P',
 member 'viddec_copy.o64P' has incompatible byte ordering

>>   error: library

'/home/sandeep/work/examples/ti/sdo/ce/examples/codecs/viddec_copy/lib/viddec_copy.a64P',
 member 'ldecod.o64P' has incompatible byte ordering
-
-
-
like this I get many.

Please suggest where to set the same compile options

I also found that, if I add -mem_model:data=far  in makefile in
"servers/viddec_copy/evmDM6446/"

# [CE] Augment the standard $(CFLAGS) variable, adding the
# Configuro-generated compiler file.
CFLAGS = -@ $(COMPILER_FILE) -mem_model:data=far          //****Added by me.
****

I get different error for libraries which are being shared (not built by me). I
dont get error for libraries built by me.
>>   error: library

'/home/sandeep/dvsdk_1_30_01_41/codec_engine_2_00_01/packages/ti/sdo/ce/lib/ce.a64P',
 member 'Engine.o64P' has incompatible byte ordering

>>   error: library

'/home/sandeep/dvsdk_1_30_01_41/codec_engine_2_00_01/packages/ti/sdo/ce/lib/ce.a64P',
 member 'visa.o64P' has incompatible byte ordering
-
-
-
Like this many more...

Many Thanks,
Sandeep.Yedire

      Yahoo! recommends that you upgrade to the new and safer Internet Explorer
8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/