Well, I won't expect the flexLM issue addressed on that thread, if I recall correctly last time I checked some codesourcery toolchain that I got my hands on, it has some flexlm integration as well, (and some of the developers on the thread are codesourcery members).

I recall when I saw that codesourcery used flexlm I was curious on how they manage the GPL part, but as far I could manage to grep around, they created a GPL part that just happened to call some flexlm executable helpers (but I may have read the code wrong, you know, gcc code is not quite a programming lesson except on how to create non- manageable code. Long live llvm!).

I guess fooling the flexLM should not be a big issue if MV didn't do any GPL violation (because all you have to do is remove the calls to some external non-GPL flexLM code). They should provide you access to the source code even if you are not a customer using support.mvista.com, since they are redistributing GPL code, so just mail them for the source code.

I think we should just wait to see the code before panicking on GPL violation. (Correcting my previous statement, I thinking having the toolchain stop working is not very into the GPL spirit, but not quite sure a GPL violation).

Diego.

Disclaimer: the opinions expressed are my own, and not reflect the position or policy of my employer.