Hi Listers,
 We're developing a pcb based on the DM355EVM and are using a
MT29F2G08 flash chip. Testing the new pcb with DM355 FlashAndBoot Utils1-10
we get a nand open error when trying to erase it:

 Target:    DONE
 DONE received. Command was accepted.
 Target: NAND_open() failed!Starting UART Boot...
 Target: BOOTUBL

With  DM355 FlashAndBoot Utils1-50 we get:

         DONE received. Command was accepted.
        Target: Unprotecting blocks 0x00000001 through 0x00000031.
        Target: Erasing block 0x00000001 through 0x00000031.
        Target: Erase completed successfully.
        Target: Protecting the entire NAND flash.
        Target:    DONE
        Target:    DONE
Operation completed successfully.

 The MT29F2G08 has 2K blocks so the status doesn't look right.
I looked at the code in nand.c and there is an entry for DevID DA,
so it appears that this chip is supported. When I try to flash in the
UBL and UBOOT I get verify errors on every block.

I figured we may have to modify the code so I built DM355 FlashAndBoot Utils1-50
on my WIndows XP machine without CYGWIN.  I installed CCS 3.3, with the latest
CG tools and  some GNU Win utils for the make. I used CodeSorcery's
arm-none-eabi compiler. When I run it I get the same results as when I
run the precompiled code out of the box, so I assume my build is OK.
Do we have bad hardware or is this chip not really supported ?

 Thanks,
 John

--
Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets ? Dave Edison