Hello Sekhar,

On 02/08/2010 04:05 PM, Nori, Sekhar wrote:
+static void generic_i2c_clock_pulse(unsigned int scl_pin)
+{
+     u16 i;
+
+     if (scl_pin) {
+             /* Send high and low on the SCL line */
+             for (i = 0; i<  9; i++) {
+                     gpio_set_value(scl_pin, 0);
+                     udelay(20);
+                     gpio_set_value(scl_pin, 1);
+                     udelay(20);
+             }

Before using the pins as GPIO, you would have to set the
functionality of these pins as GPIO. You had this code in
dropped now.

Don't seem to remember having the code in the old versions at least
not in generic_i2c_clock_pulse(). The functions disable_i2c_pins() and
enable_i2c_pins() were discarded as the i2c protocol spec. did not
specify the need. Moreover bus recovered without it. (Tested on DM355
and Dm6446).

Yes, I was referring to the davinci_cfg_reg() calls in
{disable|enable}_i2c_pins() functions. Per the specification
of the DaVinci devices, a pin needs to be muxed as 'GPIO' if
it is to be used as GPIO controlled by GPIO module. It may
have worked on couple of devices but cannot be guaranteed to
work on all DaVinci devices (esp. DA8XX ones).

I think that using davinci_cfg_reg() in generic_i2c_clock_pulse() is the wrong place to put it. This would require adding davinci_cfg_reg() for all know davinci platforms. The i2c recovery procedure is correct to assume that it owns the SCL line at that very moment.

Instead I believe pinmuxing using davinci_cfg_reg(), should be done way early, just like we do for DM6446 in devices.c --> davinci_init_i2c(), for all other platforms. What I could do in function generic_i2c_clock_pulse() is, set SCL to output, and use gpio_request() by checking REVID2 register value (0x6) for DA8xx and 0x5 for others.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Philby