yes there is a new one

Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 22:00:04 -0700
From: luojiaz...@gmail.com
To: mohameeed2...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: RTC reset after power Off/On the board

Is there a clock battery on the board, just like the battery on a common
motherboard.

======= 2010-03-21 16:12, your message: RTC reset after power Off/On the
board=======

Hi All,

I am using davinci EVM dm6446 to develop alarm application
I successfully set and read the real time clock RTC
And I use a battery to backup on power off.
The problem that is when powering off and turn on the board, clock is reset to
12:00 PM and the date remains unchanged.
e.g.
Before power off, the time is  21mar 2010 9:1 AM
After power on, time is  21mar 2010 12:00 PM
any help is highly appreciated
thanks in advance