Hi

I am working with a TI DM365 EVM and am attempting to get an alternate NAND
chip working with it as the we are unable to get the exact same chip as is
used on the EVM board.  We did a lot of research before selecting the chip
to try find something as close as possible but there are always differences
when you use something newer.

The chip we are trying to use is the Micron MT29F16G08ABABA which has the
following organisation features:
Page Size: 4320 bytes (4096 +224 bytes)
Block Size: 128 pages (512K +28K bytes)
Device Size: 16Gb: 4096 blocks

>From our other research we also know that it has the following properties:
ECC: 4bit
Dies: 1
Chip Selects: 1
Chip ID: 0x38

I have tried with the source for the 2.6.32-rc2 (current version shipped
with the EVM SDK) and 2.6.34 kernels by making the modifications below:

So far what I have done is edit drivers/mtd/nand/nand_ids.c to add the
following line to the nand_flash_ids structure:
{"NAND 1GiB 3,3V 8-bit",        0x38, 0, 1024, 0, LP_OPTIONS},

I also updated arch/arm/configs/davinci_dm365_defconfig to set
NAND_BLOCK_SIZE to be SZ_512K if required.

I can see that the davinci_nand.c driver has code for 4bit HW ECC and
handling 4096 page sizes and did not see anything there that I believed I
needed to add or change.  If I boot the EVM with the original NAND chip in
it then I am able to mount and write to the NAND using my new kernel however
if I boot the system using the new NAND chip it does not seem to be
detected.  /proc/mtd remains empty and there is no mention of the NAND in
the dmesg output after the system has booted.

Is there somewhere else that I need to change to add support for this chip?
I know it works with the DM365 processor as I have managed to get it working
with uBoot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Sean