You should look at the DVSDK documentation which shows how to rebuild the CodecEngine "Codec Server". This process is a bit more tricky since it is building for two processors. The library that links with your application does not contain all the code for these components. There is the "server" portion which handles the request. I am not familiar with simplewidget, but it is likely that you are not getting the updated "server" which is going to be a mix of ARM/DSP code.

Steve