<www.imajing.fr>Hi all,

I am wondering how writing to an USB key formated as FAT32 filesystem is handle by linux ( we are using linux 2.6.18 on a dm355 ).

We have our embedded system that is logging binary data from different sensors, and images, our total number of files open is around 7.

We have 6 files opened for writing small chunks of data (total of small chunk bitrate 8k per second ) and an avi files that we are using as a container for 5Mpx jpeg images (500k) at 5fps. When we test the key's performance we have 7MB per second (writing 100 chunks of 500k data) so the performance of the key should be enough for storing our data. The problem is that we are expriencing a peridodic slow down of the writing speed of the images. We have not mounted the key as physically synchronised.

My question is :
- How is handled the writing buffer to usb key ?
- What is the buffer size when writing to fat ? (I didn't find an option for that in the mount option) - Should i use in my application a fifo buffer for writing data to avoid the slow down?

Thanks.