> Hi, I'm a novice embedded engineer who works in a IPTV STB project. We are
> using a DaVinci DM6446 based evaluation board for developing a firmware for
> our STB.  Unfortunetaly I am the only engineer who work in the software
> development side, and  don't have enough backround to deal with problems
> which I encountered.  Could you please enlighten me about these issues

I'm working on DM365 kernel support development for our boards.
I think, first of all, you need to become familiar with www.ti.com and
Ti E2E community.
Design Support ->  Ti E2E community
then Support Forums
than Embedded software
and finally Linux ..
Here you can find some help about Ti releases.
But first read carefully the documentation.

> 1. I will use the open source Linux DaVinci kernel for development, and I
> didn't understand the driver side, in documents of TI its been said that LSP
> is integrated with Montavista kernel, is it still available to use LSP with
> open community Linux kernel? If it is,how can I do this?

In the case of DM365 (check for DM6446) the PSP kernel release is an
easier way than  open source Linux DaVinci kernel.
Here you have the specifications of the latest PSP release
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/DaVinci_PSP_03.01_GA_%28r37%29_Release_Notes

> 2. Is there any pre-builded open source Linux kernel that all these drivers
> work completely within ?

PSP kernel release is opensource

> 3. It seems that the video-display  driver not functional  for Dm644x, in
> the http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/DaVinci_GIT_Linux_Kernel

If not you have to develop it or ask for a roadmap to Ti

> 4. What is the difference between LSP and PSP.  I couldn't find any document
> that gives detail about these issues . Could you give me any advice about
> where to start  ?

LSP = montavista
PSP = free and Ti made

Bye,